Sunday, May 3, 2009

Day 2

Saturday we celebrated Gage's 3rd birthday which is on Monday. He loves the movie "Cars" and anything related. When he wakes up he says "now we play!" He offers me my choice of two toy cars and then gives me the one that he wants me to have. The two cars introduce themselves, "hi! I'm Li-ween!" (Lightning McQueen for those of you who have not watched Cars 13,452 times) "I'm Mater!" "Ka-chow!" "Oh! That's too bright!" "oh, I'm sorry" "VRROOOMMM" "AAAAAGGHHH!" "Oh No! Frank's gonna get us, we better run!" "AAAAGGGGHHH!" The script hardly varies. Some mornings Frank chases us at least 40 times. Really.
So of course we had a car birthday. When Aiden and Connor were little, their uncle Matt made them cars like this:



His cake had cars made out of mini ice cream sandwiches:













Most of the guests had left and we were having a nice chat with our next door neighbor when we noticed that Gage was on the table licking the cake.




It's lightly sweetened whipped cream, not frosting!!












After our bath he was 'air drying' while I got dressed. This is where I found him






Good thing I hadn't pulled the plug on the tub yet!!

1 comment:

green ink said...

I love his cake!! Seeing him tuck in reminds me of photos of me at a similar age. I apparently nearly destroyed my first birthday cake - I was so eager for the sugar :P