Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Day Eight


We met Aiden when she got off work last night and tried on clothes. She had earned an extra discount and for Mother's Day wanted to get me something nice to wear. She was also shopping for an outfit to wear to her best friend's wedding. Elina was in her swimsuit under her clothes wanting to go to the fountain, but she enjoyed trying on clothes (kind of) and Aiden got her a new pair of capris too. Watching her put them on this morning I could tell that having her sister shop with/for her was special. She put on the capris and lovingly stroked them and said "I looooove my new pants...or whatever they're called". Elina has always been very concerned with calling things by the correct name. And correcting others who don't seem as concerned. Me: "Hey Elina, did you like that movie we watched last night?" Elina (looking very harassed): "you mean the DVD"....
We did go to the fountain. We just didn't make it there until 9 pm. But I had said we would go and it's important to me that I follow through on my promises. Important to us. I made sure that she got to the fountain earlier today.
Elina showed me the tomato she was eating "Mom...look at what the seed area looks like when it's whole!" I thought it looked pretty cool, too! I think I could have gotten a better pic at slow shutter speed but when I got the tripod out Elina had already eaten the tomato and it was the last one... she really likes tomatoes!

No comments: