Friday, May 25, 2007

Day Twenty-five


Today was Aiden's 20% off day at work! So Gage and I went down during her "lunch" break (at 6 pm) so she could load stuff in the van. Then Gage and I went for a walk. I've seen these beautiful flowers when out driving and have been wanting to get a pic of them. From the complex where Aiden works there's a nature walk, so I just kept Gage in the shopping cart and off we went! We saw lots of beautiful wild roses, blackberry blossoms, and a frog. Then our walk took us through an apartment complex with amazing landscaping with dark red rhodies, pink azaleas, some really cool striped flowers I haven't seen before and a glorious dogwood. Then along the road with the flowers in the pic of the day. We also saw a red-winged blackbird and a pair of geese with their babies. Then the trail back to the shopping complex. It's amazing how this wetland is tucked right in the middle of our little township. On the trail were purple vetch and daisies and something that might have been bachelor buttons.


Ok...sometimes I have two pictures. I thought I'd explain that the first is the picture of the day, the second is one that is more journaling in nature, usually of the family. It's hard to pic just one picture sometimes!! But I faithfully stick to one Day in May picture. That's why there's not two flower pictures in one day for example. But here is Gage in the shopping cart on the path back to the complex.

No comments: