Monday, May 14, 2007

Mother's Day


Yay for weekends and free cell phone minutes! I spent most of the day with my family, and then in the evening I had a nice, long talk with my friend who lives in New York. Usually it would have been too late with the 3 hour difference. But it turned out she was in San Francisco as part of a vacation! Lisa always makes me laugh, and now that she has a baby that is about 6 months older than Gage, she reminds me of the stages coming up so I can be more prepared!LOL
My family made the day very special... They got me out the door early (choir practice before church (I am NOT an early person.) I wore the outfit that Aiden had got for me a few days earlier..it's great having a nineteen year old "dresser". Connor took charge of Gage at church, which makes things so much easier! Elina was so excited to just celbrate Mother's day: she blew me kisses all day, gave me candles, candy bars (almond joys). But she could hardly contain herself when she drug out "the present". They got me a little guitar! It's SO cute. We spent some time online looking up chords. I can now play a C, A, G, and E!!! Pretty good for the C.A.G.E.mom!!!!!
It seems like the whole world is in bloom right now. I'm so thankful for the photo project..I had never looked that closely at rhododendrons until they're in full flower. The buds are quite beautiful! For some reason they make me think of pineapples. Which reminds me that when I go to the bank today I want to show Elina the pineapple plants in the nearby florists...I noticed them a few days ago when she wasn't with me. We don't often get a chance to see one actually growing. In fact I don't remember ever having seen one before myself!

No comments: